Jung Society of Atlanta Board Meeting (online via Zoom)
4/19/2020, 2:00-3:17 pm
Present: Cathy Shepherd, President
Peggy Sorrells, Library/Registration
Bruce Selvage, Membership
Van Waddy, CEU Coordinator
Z Gilman, Board member, Volunteer Chair
Deborah Huntley, Chair of Programing Committee, Church Liaison,
Don Huntley, Treasurer, A/V Coordinator, Website, Emails
Bill Bridges, Books and Media
Deb Herberger, Bookstore and Phone
Mahshid Irvani, Hospitality
Nyambura Kihato, Secretary
Absent: Regina Mowrer, Vice President
Rebecca Armstrong web event
- Cathy called the meeting to order at 2:15 pm.
- Board members thanked Don for setting up a successful, professional, and well attended event last night for Rebecca Armstrong. Don said over 300 people signed up for the event, and around 200 participated. He had bought a package for 500 participants for $50, and incurred an extra charge of $40 for storing the recording.
- Board members thanked Bill for doing a great introduction for Rebecca and for highlighting the recommended booklist online.
- Deb said that it was a lovely community event that drew in a lot of people and Rebecca’s energy and skill as a speaker fit in perfectly for the current time.
- Deb said she liked Cathy’s announcement to request for donations; Cathy said she will do it again for the Hollis event on May 16th. Deborah said we received one donation.
- Board members discussed technical aspects encountered at the web event, such as the speaker’s inability to view other participants, how to raise hands, whether to include Q&A sessions.
- Don said it is important to screen people who are disruptive and know how to disable certain features to keep the meeting going smoothly so as to prevent Zoom bombing; there was one participant in the web event last night whom he prevented from disrupting the meeting.
- Nyambura said she liked the applause at the end of Rebecca’s event; Don said he unmuted the mics so that Rebecca could get a feel for her audience since she could not see them.
CEUs for Hollis event
- Cathy said we have been approved for 2.5 CEUs for the Hollis event on May 16th. Deborah said the charge will be $25 for CEUs. Bruce said this is very reasonable compared to other CEU offerings in the field.
- Cathy wondered whether we should have Zoom meeting or webinar settings for the Hollis event. Don, Bruce, and Bill discussed limitations and advantages of both. Bruce said that Zoom meetings are more interactive than the webinars, which have a lecture style. For meetings, the host has much more control over what participants can do. Q&A is available in the webinar but not in the meeting version. Don said he will talk to Jim to see what would work best for him.
- Cathy wondered how we can confirm participants’ attendance for CEUs. Bruce said it may help to get information from organizations like PESI that provide online CEUs to find out how they do it. Cathy said she will do some research and follow up with Zoom and the GA Licensing Board about providing online CEUs.
- Van said that it is the responsibility of the workshop organizers to provide proof that whoever receives CEUs has attended the entire event. Don generated a participation list for Rebecca’s event last night and said we may be able to use a similar list for the Hollis event; however, he noted that the attendance times logged in this list were inaccurate.
- Bill will put up Hollis’s books and recommendations on the online bookstore and will explore how to put out a link on our website for the bookstore; Deborah will ask Hollis whether his latest book is available for purchase.
- Bill will wait until there is a registration link for the Hollis event, then post a Facebook meetup for it. Don said he’s working to get the registration up on our website.
- Board members thanked Don for his detailed proposal for the society’s new website, which he sent via email to the board on 4/18.
- Cathy said we are now ready to move forward and asked for suggestions for companies or web developers to approach for quotes.
- Nyambura said she will get contact information for Applied Imagination so as to start the process.
Cathy suggested setting up another short meeting after the Hollis event to review and discuss CEUs and technical issues. Board members agreed; the next meeting was set for Sunday 5/17/2020 at 2 pm via Zoom. There being no other business, the board meeting ended at 3:17 pm.